Symptoms here are:
- Unable to access OWA
- Outlook 2007 reports that it is unable to change any Out Of Office settings; server unavailable.
The enviroment: Microsoft Exchange 2007 running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
One other symptom, which I don’t know if this resolved or something else did, is that the Free/Busy information was not accurate when scheduling a meeting.
- Ensure that you have a current server certificate, even self signed, in the Personal store for the local computer on the server.
- Open up IIS Manager
- Right click the Default Website (or the site that hosts OWA), and select Edit Bindings
- Make sure there is an entry there for https. If not create one.
- Edit the entry and make sure that the correct IP address and port settings are present.
- Ensure that the current certificate that you verified existed in step 1, is selected for the SSL Certficate.
- Click OK and clos all windows. No need to restart IIS, and your site and services should now be back up and running.